SisterPADS offers a sustainable solution to a monthly reality. Through our cost-effective, eco-friendly, washable and re-usable sanitary pads we aim to improve girls’ menstrual health hygiene and welfare. SisterPADS is focused on effecting increased school attendance and subsequent academic performance. Instead of fearing embarrassment and therefore being held back by something as natural as menstruation, SisterPADS promotes agency and mobility.
Sister Namibia believes that every girl deserves education and dignity. No girl should have to stay home from school because she can’t afford pads. We believe that the SisterPADS offer girls opportunity, allowing her to become an agent of change in her own life. By eliminating this barrier to attending school, girls are empowered and have the ability to excel and complete their education.
Since the project’s launch in late 2014, more than 3,680 girls living in rural areas have been supplied with a SisterPAD kit, thereof approximately 1,500 through pads sale and 2,180 through donations and direct distribution. Currently, we are in the process of producing an additional 200 kits which will be distributed to orphanages. In combination with a Menstrual Health Management pamphlet, Sister Namibia ships the pads to schools where the girls are instructed on their use and the menstrual cycle.
Why the pads?
- There are girls who miss 3-5 days of school every month,because they cannot afford sanitary products. Sister Namibia aims to curb this.
What are the benefits of SisterPADS?
- Mobility during menstruation
- Joy over not missing school anymore
- A sense of security
- Happiness over saving money
- Opportunity to study more
- The ability to stay clean
- Freedom from leaks and embarrassment
What is the value of SisterPADS?
- A sustainable solution – the pad lasts for up to two years
- Budget friendly
- Increased school attendance
- Enables greater academic performance
- Confidence levels increase
- Female reproductive biology can be embraced instead of stigmatized
- Minimises emotional distress
- Mobility enables hope and motivation
- Environmentally friendly by limiting plastic waste from disposable pads
What are SisterPADS made of?
- 100% cotton and ProSoft Waterproof PUL, produced in the USA
- The PUL is USA Consumer Product Improvement Act certified
- The waterproof PUL is the key component of SisterPADS and is breathable, soft, stretchy, flexible and durable
A summary of the project : SisterPads pamphlet
How Can I Support SisterPADS?
So far, SisterPADS has been able to provide 1000 girls with pad kits. However, we want to reach thousands more to help empower all girls in Namibia who are trying to get fair access to education.
By purchasing a SisterPADS kit for US$14/ N$160, your money will go to Sister Namibia who will assemble the pads kit and directly distribute it to girls in need. YOU can make a big difference by helping a girl access her right to education.
Methods of Payment
GiveToday is a convenient, safe, easy-to-use platform for charity donations and fundraising initiatives. Need Help? Contact us email@example.com
Simply go to http://www.staytoday.com.na/give/sisterpads to become part of this exciting and important initiative.
Make a direct bank deposit to the account details below:
Sister Namibia Trust
Account number: 8002538992
Branch number: 482172
Swift code: BWLINANX
Please send proof of payment to:
Fax: +264 (0) 61 23 63 71
Telephone: +264 (0) 61 23 06 18